Re: Amazon Prime

Brent Harding

It depends. I would imagine if one ordered something monthly, and maybe other things now and then, it will be worth it. It seems like most places charge $6 to $8 for shipping, so one monthly order may save you some, since 2-day usually costs a lot more.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cristóbal via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "'Marianne Denning'" <marianne@denningweb.com>; "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:17 PM
Subject: RE: Amazon Prime

Being worth it is a subjective thing. The wife and I have it and like it a
lot. Free two day shipping, Amazon Instant Video, Subscribe and Save, etc.
But you were asking about Jaws based access. Other than accessing the Amazon
site with Jaws, I don't' really use the services offered by Amazon Prime
with Jaws. I know there's a Kindle reading solution for the PC that's
supposed to be accessible, but I tried it a couple of years ago and found
the over all experience to be tedious and annoying. All the other stuff
which I do think is worth the $99.00 we access off of other platforms.
Mainly our iOS devices and the Roku. My wife's sighted so she's a heavy user
of Instant Video, but it's there for me on my iPhone if ever I want to watch
something. The iOS Kindle app is fully accessible now.
Even then, I've found myself doing a lot of my shopping on Amazon more and
more with the iPhone app.
Again, I do think it's worth it, but not because of any special
accessibility with Jaws.