From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Rex Howard via
Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:41 PM
To: Maria Campbell; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Free Dictionary for window 7 for Jaws 13

Exactly Marie. I think I remember you from back in my bible study
days. Anyway, I wanted to chime in here and say that appreciation will
get you further than complaining. the WordServer from
wsmith@wordsmith.org returned this result to me:

2 definitions found

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

Ingrate \In"grate`\ (?; 277), a. [L. ingratus. See
{Ingrateful}.]
Ingrateful. [Obs. or Poetic] --Bacon.

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

Ingrate \In"grate`\, n.
An ungrateful person. --Milton.

If you bother to check out the site you will learn that there are a
lot of different features there and they are both helpful and
interesting.

On 2/17/15, Maria Campbell via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
What's wrong with alternative methods? Besides stand alone was not
specified.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

On 2/17/2015 11:21 AM, Bill White via Jfw wrote:
Why is it that when someone asks if there is a stand-alone dictionary
for the PC, people begin to post websites for dictionaries, or to
suggest Google?

These are not dictionaries for the computer, and they don't give most
of the things associated with a good dictionary such as etimology.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "mike mcglashon via Jfw"
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>