Jaws won't start automatically in windows 8.1

ann

I am running Jfw15 with Windows 8.1. Jaws runs fine at the log on and lock screens, but will not start automatically for either of my accounts, not my admin or my standard account.

I know about the Automatically start Jaws settings in the Basics dialog, and have checked them countless times. They are set correctly.

It's not a problem to run it manually, but it is more of a very very annoying inconvenience. I also notice that neither the latest versions of NVDA nor Window-Eyes has this problem, and both auto start just fine.

So Does anyone have any suggestions? Could the Windows 8.1 UAC be interfering somehow?

Thanks.
~~Ann