From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Robert Logue
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 4:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support mailing list
Subject: Jaws 12 with Dragon Naturallyspeaking 11.5

Hi.

Please. What settings below work best with Jaws with and without J-Tools or
J-Say?
Jaws 12, DNS Premium 11.5, Win XP MCE.

It would be very good to have comments and information on how each item and
choice below effects the basic functionality of Jaws without special
scripts. Then, how the same settings effect J-Tools and J-Say.

I don't have J-Tools or J-Say yet. Sometimes I can work the spelling dialog
with the Jaws cursor but I have some difficulty knowing when the dialog
appears.Also have some trouble with the main standard Dragon toolbar.
There is a "microphone buttonbutton" that doesn't appear to activate, no
matter how I do it with spacebar or enter. I do have DNS set to start with
the microphone ready to turn on by voice but sometimes I need to use the
toolbar or the system tray. Sometimes the system tray microphone button
won't activate and doesn't turn on the microphone. It's also a lot of
messing around. I could set up DNS hot keys but don't want to conflict with
Jaws or the scripts if and when I get them. Suggestions for hotkey
combinations also welcome.

Even switching focus to the Dragon bar is a bit confusing because Jaws
doesn't say a thing and I always have to press tab once to get to that
button.

I've written to the Jaws list first as I don't have the scripts so far.
Hope this is ok.

View

DragonBarPreview: Mode:Docked to TopDocked to BottomFloatingClingTray Icon
OnlyShow messagesShow extrasResults BoxAnchor Auto-hide delay:Show
preliminary results 10 secondsBeep after recognitionRestore defaultsOK
Cancel Apply Help OptionsCorrection "Select" commands bring up Correction
menu"Select" commands search backwards"Correct" commands bring up Spelling
Window"Spell" commands bring up Spelling WindowAutomatically add words to
the active vocabularyAutomatic playback on correctionCorrection MenuShow
only the choicesAnchorEnable double-click to correctShow no more than 9
choicesRestore defaultsOK Cancel Apply Help

Nuts! Outlook Expressed removed all the paragraphs when I copied the text
from Jarte. So,that may be a bit hard to read.

Bob

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.