Re: Who has a good add blocker that we can use with internet explorer orFirefox?

Marten Post Uiterweer

Chris,

And have you found a way to set the options of Adblocker?
I cannot find options for this program with Window-Eyes or Jaws.

Marten

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:55:07 -0800 "Mike B. via Jfw" <jfw@...> wrote:

Hi David,

I use this program on all our computers & really like it. Below is where to
get it & notes on allowing websites & changing settings:

The real deal is ad block plus from:

https://adblockplus.org/

For configuring & other info go to:

https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

Chris

From: don wardlow
Is it likely to accidentally block web sites you really want to see?
I've known anti-virus programs to do that.
Thanks
Don

From:
Chris Hill
Yep, it can. Just hit the applications key find it and tell it to
unblock the page. Safety is always going to come at a cost, but it is
much less than having your computer encrypted and having to pay to get
the data back... That's how serious it has gotten for some people.
Chris
Changing settings:
File path:

C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
firstRun.html
These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
default settings.

index.html
Open this to change your options / settings. Arrow down to, Allow some
non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to
show.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.