Re: Using JAWS 16 with Gmail in Standard Mode

Brian Varner <bvarner05@...>

I use gmail and have never liked it. If anyone has any tips or tricks
please share. For example, how can I avoid having to tab and tab
and tab or arrow arrow arrow or guess at what line to jump to just to
get into the body of the message upon opening? As it stands with
standard view, I jump to line 84 to get to the first line of text, but
depending on what is in the message, the first line is not always line
84. Place markers just don't work either.

I do like being able to search past emails though. I had to tell my
sighted brother how to find my flight itenerary I sent him when I flew
to Florida last August to train with the new guide dog. He later said
he felt bad having to ask his blind brother how to find something on
the computer.

I don't think its very fair to have functional differences between the
standard view and html view though. Of course, I am using windows XP
and jaws 11 because that is what is on this company pc, so if I ever
get a new system some of that might go away with the latest version of
windows.

Brian

On 1/22/15, Kimsan via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
How does one request for a read receipt on gmail.com?

I use the basic html view, I will mess with the standard later.
Why do you feel standard is better than html?
Not wanting to spark a debate. Just picking your brain.
"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure,
loyalty and persistence." Colin Powell