From: Soronel Haetir via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:09 PM
To: Michael Malver ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Fully Functional Screen Reader Petition

It would be fairly difficult for narrator to be implemented in such a
way that a complete install would be possible for us. For instance
with the HP computers I have now in order to do a install or reset to
factory I have to use a boot screen menu that is present well before
windows runs at all.

On 1/21/15, Michael Malver via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I wonder if the issue isn't the screen reader, but how it is implemented.
Put another way, could narrator allow us to install windows, if it were
implemented slightly differently. This would allow us to have the
installation ability that you get with Apple, but at the same time,
Microsoft wouldn't have to commit to a full screen reader.

On Jan 20, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

You may not want to start a discussion, but posting a link to this
petition inevitably does just that. I worry that if MS came up with
anything close to Apple's VoiceOver, employers would assume basic
accessibility requirements have been met without the added cost of buying
and updating JAWS. As good as VoiceOver may be, and despite our periodic
frustrations with FS, JAWS is exclusively tailored to the needs of
visually impaired computer users. I dread the day MS takes on this job and
elbows FS out.