Re: accessible screen sharing program

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Ditto on Team Viewer as an accessible screen sharing tool.

I do remote training with visually impaired clients. I use JAWS tandem with
Skype or a telephone for audio. For my clients who don't use JAWS (they use
Guide or whatever), I use Team Viewer, which has audio built into it. Both
solutions allow me to view their desktop (I'm partially sighted) and control
their computer.

Skype alone lets you share a desktop. It's also supposed to let you send
files back and forth, but I've had limited success with that. I understand
there are JAWS scripts for Skype, but haven't used them personally.
Unmodified, Skype's accessibility is rather limited.
-Paul