Re: Jaws 16 advantages

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Intresting, I never thought they would made that a combo box since I
thought they were quite finish with the voice profiles for a while. I
just so badly wish they would just get rid of their love for vocalizer
and also provide direct driver voices for acapela or ivona. Why
everyone got married to vocalizer stays a mistery to me.

On 17/12/2014, Soronel Haetir via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
What I find interesting (though rather useless) is that the eloquence
synthesizer voice selection is now a combo box that actually works.
Reed is the only even remotely acceptable English voice for long term
use though so I do find it a little silly.

What I find more annoying is that as far as I can tell the ability to
have different navigation and say all voices is gone (I know it was
gone from the UI in jaws 15 but you could do a merge from an earlier
version and get the settings but that no longer works).

On 12/16/14, Dave Carlson via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Judith,

Likely he just installed with all the defaults. You may have had some
prior

adjustments to your voice settings, that are now set back to default.
Enjoy.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, and pioneer