Re: "Heads Up To Those Installing Jaws 16 via the CD

cecropia64

Tom:

Maybe they just messed up. I got the correct version, etc from them and all is okay. Is it possible that they just screwed up your order?

On 12/15/2014 7:13 PM, Tom Behler via Jfw wrote:
Hi, all.

Today, I attempted to install Jaws 16 on a new computer at work via the CD
that was just shipped to me, and ran into an interesting issue.

Even though, according to one of my sighted colleagues, the CD was clearly
labeled Jaws 16, the actual installation file was the executable file for
Jaws 13.

Obviously, Freedom Scientific quality control is not working very well.

What I had to do was go on line to download and save the executable file for
Jaws 16 onto a thumb drive, and then do the installation from there.

I contacted FS about the error, and insisted that they at least send me the
CD with the correct Jaws version on it.

When I asked them if they had seen anything like this before, they said that
my case was not the first.

Will see what happens from here.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan