Re: Off topic messages

Stephanie Switzer

Hello!
First of all: If it's related to jaws (how to use word with jaws ETC)
it belongs on this list. So no, stuff like that isn't off topic. The
admin has even said we could talk about openbook, and anything else
freedom scientific related. I've asked him before just to make sure
that I understood everything correctly. :)
As for why he's not monitoring this list (yes there's only one actual
moderator) I'm thinking that it has to do with him going back to
college, and some other stuff. Though, I'm not entirely sure. I just
wanted everyone to know that I did contact him via twitter, and asked
him to please check this list. So hopefully the off topic messages
will stop soon. By the way, that was my second of all, and third of
all things. lol.
If I knew people would listen to me I'd attempt to put a stop to them,
but as it stands I'm not an admin of this list. Though, I've been here
since probably 2008. :) I'm just a regular member like you, and I'm
sorry I can't help. :(
At the risk of sounding more like a jerk than what I feel like I have
already. I think I'll end this now. Have a great
day/evening/morning/night everyone!

On 12/13/14, Angel via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
If it weren't for Jaws, or another screen reader, those programs mentioned
would not be accessible at all to us blind professionals. Therefore, the
most efficient use of such programs using Jaws is a worthy topic to be
discussing on a Jaws specific list. My understanding was, that was this
lists purpose? But, till Jaws is used on any of these mobile phone
platforms, it is not a suitable topic for a Jaws specific list. It can be
noted the name Jaws originally stood for Job access with speech. As many
job related programs, such as Microsoft Word, XL, and Power point, ETC.
Along with technical programs of which I personally am unaware are used by
those with Jobs whose efficient use is dependent on an expertise with the
screen reader discussed on this list, is why such programs are appropriate
for this list. Simply because they are used with Jaws, and they might not
be used as efficiently, if at all, by another screen reader. Or an
employer, or government agency may not have given the end user the choice of

the use of another screen reader. Which is often the case.