Re: OE 7 Message Rules
How to Create a Mail Rule/Message-Filter;toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
With a mail rule, you can tell Outlook Express what to do with a particular
message that falls under certain criteria that you specify. For example, if
you are receiving messages from an email list, then you can have those
messages go to a separate folder so they will not clutter up your Inbox.
To make a mail rule, do the following:
1. Decide what folder you would like these messages to go to. If the folder
does not exist, then please follow the instructions in How to Make a new
Folder in order to accomplish this task.
2. Press alt+T=tools for the Tools Menu, arrow down to Message Rules, right
arrow to mail, and press enter.
3. This will put you in the message rules dialog box. Within this dialog
box you will automatically be put in a list of existing message rules. Tab
to the New button and press the spacebar.
4. This will put you in the new message rule dialog box. You have to
specify the criteria for which Outlook Express will use to find the
5. The first option gives you a list of items to choose from, arrow down
until you hear, where the to or cc lines contains people, and press the
spacebar to select this item.
6. Tab one time and you will land in another list of items to choose from.
The first item should say, move it to the specified folder, press the
spacebar on this item.
7. Tab one time, now arrow down until you hear, where the to or cc lines
contains people, and press enter.
8. Now you are placed in an edit box, enter the email address for which you
are creating this rule for, tab to the add button, press the spacebar, then
tab to the okay button and press the spacebar.
9. Now arrow down until you hear, move it to the specified folder, and press
10. Now you are put into a list of your folders. Arrow up /down the list
stopping on the folder where you want these filtered messages to go. Tab to
the okay button and press the spacebar.
11. Now tab one time, enter the name you would like to call this
12. Tab to the okay button and press the spacebar.
13. Your rule has been created, now you have to activate it.
14. Tab to the Apply Now button and press the spacebar.
15. Now, once again, tab to the Apply button and press the spacebar.
16. This will bring up a dialog box indicating that the rule now has been
activated/applied, just press enter on the okay button.
17. Now tab to close and press the spacebar.
18. Now tab to the okay button and press the spacebar. Your done!
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Morey
Worthington via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 12:33 PM
To: jfw >
Subject: OE 7 Message Rules
May you all have a Happy Holiday and a safe New Year.
Using Jaws 16 and OE for Windows 7.
Does anyone have a document that has simple way to make message rules in
There used to be one on the old JFWLite web site, but that is long gone.
Jfw mailing list