Re: Adding items to Start Menu... another way

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

nonono, I was on the file... and I tried after receiving your message to which this is the reply

I also tried your method after navigating to the exact file in the program files folder and sitting on the jfw.exe file and still got exactly what you see below! from both locations, the jaws 11 menu/jaws shortcut in the classic start menu and the jfw.exe file in program files\freedom scientific\jaws\jaws11\jfw.exe

from the applications menu:
Open
Run as...
Copy Path
Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials...
WinRAR
WinZip
Send To
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Rename
Properties

from the file menu:
Open
Run as...
Copy Path
Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials...
WinRAR
WinZip
Send To
New
Create Shortcut
Rename
Properties
Close

I think, as I said before, that the difference may be in the options provided along side the view used for the start menu!

in fact... I know it is due to that very difference, since I went and changed back to the standard XP menu and got this when I found jaws 11 in the first menu and hit the applications key on it:
Open
Run as...
Copy Path
Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials...
WinRAR
WinZip
Pin to Start menu
Send To
Copy
Remove from This List
Rename
Properties

so strangeness resolved if you want the automated option and the *gruff* new start menu that most of us avoided like the plague, then switch to the "start menu" option, if you don't mind fixing it for yourself like we have shown how to out here, then stick with your "classic view" menu's

nuff said
inthaneelf
"do not mess in the affairs of dragons!
for you are crunchy, and go good with barbecue sauce!"
- Draconous Cerulean