Re: Outlook 2013: JAWS Crashing Every Time I Navigate There

Kimber Gardner

Kane,

I haven't seen this particular problem though Outlook is crashy and
unstable on my win7 machine both at work and at home. I'm running jaws
15.0.9023. Maybe give that version a try. Also, have you considered
installing NVDA to use as a backup screen reader when jaws becomes
unresponsive? I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent replacement for
jaws, but it has gotten me out of a tight spot on many occasions.

Kim

On 12/8/14, Kane Brolin via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hello,fellow listers.

I am a JAWS 15 user--in this case, running the most recent 64-bit
release of that edition;: 15.0.12085. Recently, I have taken a new
position as contractor for a firm that requested I purchase and use
Office 2013. While I was expecting some minor accessibility glitches,
what I have gotten today goes far beyond that: I cannot interact at
all with Outlook 2013 and JAWS.

With Word 2013 and Excel 2013, no accessibility problem of any sort
has manifested itself so far. But whenever I navigate to any open
Outlook screen--whether it's the Today screen or my e-mail inbox--JAWS
instantly shuts down due to an unidentified error. Just completely
shuts down--meaning that I have to re-start the program, which shuts
down once again as soon as I navigate back to Outlook.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 laptop loaded with 8 GB of
RAM.

Naturally, I phoned the FS Help Desk, but the support technician said
she is not familiar with such a drastic error. And while she is
recommending that I upgrade to Ver. 16, she does not believe that this
action in itself would necessarily overcome the crashes I experience
now every time.

Has anyone encountered this with Outlook 2013? Is there anything
specific I can do (as in the theme or background settings) to stop
this error sequence from happening again?

Kind regards,

-Kane

Kimberly