From: Jean Menzies via Jfw
To: Jaws list
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 8:28 AM
Subject: Improved performance in Microsoft 2013 programs

Just thought I'd share this for those who want to try it.

The symptom. I've often found sluggish performance in Word when searching,
or when opening a second document. Jaws seems to either not be able to read
a screen without refreshing, or, in searching, it would sometimes take two
tries to get to the results. Just plain sluggish.

In going through settings, I came across an option to "Disable Hardware
Graphics Acceleration". I checked that and things seem to be much more
responsive now. I'll see how the day goes. But if anyone wants to do this,
go into Options, Advanced, and the item is in there. From what I read on
Google, if you change it in one MS program, it should affect all of them.
Hey, I don't need graphics anyway. haha.

Hope this works.

Jean