From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Hozefa
Tambawala via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:11 PM
To: Feliciano Godoy; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: slow start of windows and jaws

I am using Windows 8.1 and the machine configuration is 1 GB RAM and
1.6 GHZ Atom processer.

The Win 8.1 starts within 10 seconds!

On 11/21/14, Feliciano Godoy via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
You do not need any I seven processor to boot up quick. At work, I
have a Dell machine with Windows 8.1 witha i3 processor 3.4ghz with
8gb of ram and it boots to the desktop within 20 sec...

Like my Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690649294341327 Follow me on
Twitter:
Www.twitter.com/theblindman12v Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Nov 20, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Kelly Pierce via Jfw
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
wrote:

HP is notorious for installing loads of bloatware on its computers.
the more crap installed, the more money the company makes. by all
means, remove the garbage. Also, this is an i5 machine,which is
slower than an i7. Further, Windows 8.1 starts fast, which is a
feature Microsoft has widely promoted. If you really want a fast
start up, start with an i7 machine with Windows 8.1.

Kelly

On 11/20/14, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
wrote:
Sorry, I found it; it's got links aplenty, but I still haven't found
the shortcut list.

Ted