Creating headers in Word 2010 with JAWS

Adrian Spratt

I want to create a header that will appear on every page in a long document. This header will consist of my name, the work's title and a running page number. I know to get to the start of this dialog in Word 2010 by pressing alt-n for insert, h for header, then e for edit. However, at that point I can't move focus at all. I ended up having my sighted assistant do it with the mouse.

I've read the passage in CathyAnne Murtha's Word 2010 textbook, and she writes as if this process is doable with JAWS. But her instructions take me no further than I got myself.

Has anyone succeeded in creating such a header in word 2010 with JAWS? If so, please give me some pointers. I will need to create headers for other documents in the near future.