Re: directing email to sub folders

Greg Nickel

Superb...Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 1:14 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: directing email to sub folders

The term of art is a message rule. Here's a lengthy and thorough explanation
of the steps you must take that David Whitehead posted.

here's how I create a message rule/filter in Microsoft outlook2010.
First I create the folder, By doing the following; Ctrl+shift+e=create new
folder. Now type in the name you wish to assign to the folder. Tab once you
will hear; Folder contains: Mail and Post Items This is okay, no need to
change, Now tab again, You will hear something like; Tree view, and then
inbox, and all of the other folders are listed, So, I arrow up to personal
folders, or, you could press the letter "p"=personal folders, And then tab
to okay, press enter. So now you're folder is created. Next we need to
assign a rule/filter to the newly created folder, By doing the following;
1, highlight a message which you wish to create a folder for, Example; One
of the messages from this group. Email clients with screen
readers@... <mailto:Email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com 2, press applications key, up arrow and enter on,
Rules sub menu, Or, you could right arrow to open. Another way to do this
is: Press applications key, press the letter "s" And then press the letter
"u", which will directly place you into the message wizard. Here you will
see the following screen; Always Move Messages From: email clients with
screen readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com
Always Move Messages To: email clients with screen readers@...
<mailto:email clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com
Create Rule... Manage Rules & Alerts... you now need to down arrow and enter
on, create rule.... Note, as I indicated, if you use the shortcuts, the
letter "s"&"u" no need to arrow anywhere, since you're in the message rule
wizard. 3. you will now see a screen; Create Rule When I get e mail with all
of the selected conditions From email clients with screen
readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com by default this box is unchecked you can check
this box.

When I get e mail with all of the selected conditions Subject contains
[email clients with screen readers] Outlook 2007, this box is unchecked by
default I would leave this box as it is.
When I get e mail with all of the selected conditions Sent to email clients
with screen readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com this box is unchecked by default you can check
this box. Do the following Display in the New Item Alert window by default
this box is unchecked, you can leave as is. Do the following:Play a selected
sound: this box is unchecked by default, you can check this box,
Browse... Here you could browse for a specific sound; Move the item to
folder:this box is unchecked by default, however you need to check this box,
Folder...press enter here, Now, you can arrow to the particular folder, Or,
you can letter navigate, Then tab okay, press enter. OK Cancel Advanced
Options... now you need to tab and enter on, Advanced options...
4. You will see the following screen;
Rules Wizard Which condition's do you want to check? Step 1: Select
condition's checked on this computer only checked from email clients with
screen readers@...
<mailto:email clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com not checked
with RE: [email clients with screen readers] Outlook 2007,... in the subject
checked sent to email clients with screen readers@...
<mailto:email clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com not checked
with RE: [email clients with screen readers] Outlook...in the subject or
body not checked through the specified account not checked sent only to me
where my name is in the To box not checked not checked marked as importance
not checked marked as sensitivity not checked flagged for action not checked
where my name is in the Cc box not checked where my name is in the To or Cc
box not checked where my name is not in the To box not checked with specific
words in the body not checked with specific words in the message header not
checked with specific words in the recipient's address not checked with
specific words in the sender's address Step 2: Edit the rule description
(click an underlined value) Apply this rule after the message arrives from
and sent to email clients with screen readers@...
<mailto:email clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com
and on this computer only play Windows Notify.wav and move it to the email
clients with screen readers folder and stop processing more rules Cancel <
Back Next Finish
This screen is fine, Just tab next and press enter.
5. now you will see the following screen; Rules Wizard What do you want to
do with the message? Step 1: Select action's checked stop processing more
rules
checked play a sound

checked move it to the email clients with screen readers folder not checked
move a copy to the email clients with screen readers folder not checked
assign it to the category category not checked delete it not checked
permanently delete it forward it to people or public group not checked not
checked forward it to people or public group as an attachment not checked
reply using a specific template not checked flag message for follow up at
this time not checked clear the Message Flag not checked clear message's
categories not checked mark it as importance not checked print it not
checked start application not checked mark it as read not checked run a
script Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value) Apply
this rule after the message arrives from email clients with screen
readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com and sent to email clients with screen
readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com and on this computer only play Windows Notify.wav
and move it to the email clients with screen readers folder and stop
processing more rules Cancel < Back Next Finish Again this screen is okay,
just tab next and press enter.
6. the next screen you wil see is; Rules Wizard Are there any exceptions?
Step 1: Select exception's (if necessary) not checked except if from people
or public group not checked except if the subject contains specific words
not checked except through the specified account not checked except if sent
only to me not checked except where my name is in the To box not checked
except if it is marked as importance not checked except if it is marked as
sensitivity except if it is flagged for action not checked not checked
except where my name is in the Cc box not checked except if my name is in
the To or Cc box not checked except where my name is not in the To box not
checked except if sent to people or public group not checked except if the
body contains specific words not checked except if the subject or body
contains specific words not checked except if the message header contains
specific words not checked except with specific words in the recipient's
address not checked except with specific words in the sender's address not
checked except if assigned to category category Step 2: Edit the rule
description (click an underlined value) Apply this rule after the message
arrives from email clients with screen readers@... <mailto:email
clients with screen readers%40yahoogroups.com and sent to email clients with
screen readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com and on this computer only play Windows Notify.wav
and move it to the email clients with screen readers folder and stop
processing more rules Cancel < Back Next Finish Again, you can go to the
next button and press enter.
7. now you're presented with the final screen;
Rules Wizard Finish rule setup. Step 1: Specify a name for this rule email
clients with screen readers@... <mailto:email clients with
screen readers%40yahoogroups.com Step 2: Setup rule options Run this rule
now on messages already in "email clients with screen readers..." You need
to check this box Turn on this rule this box should be checked, Create this
rule on all accounts Step 3: Review rule description (click an underlined
value to edit) Apply this rule after the message arrives from email clients
with screen readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com and sent to email clients with screen
readers@... <mailto:email clients with screen
readers%40yahoogroups.com and on this computer only play Windows Notify.wav
and move it to the email clients with screen readers folder and stop
processing more rules Cancel < Back Next Finish Now, tab to finish and press
enter.
The rule and conditions will be applied. The messages will be moved from the
inbox to they're respective folder, where the message/rule/folder/filter has
been created.