Re: Adding items to Start Menu... was When will JAWS 13 be out?

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but I don't know why you're going through so many steps. If you want to add a program to the start menu, just go to the program, press the applications key, and choose the "pin to start menu" command.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lange" <lange85@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:21 PM
Subject: Adding items to Start Menu... was When will JAWS 13 be out?

Hi,
Somebody wrote:

Hello there;

Someone was asking how to add item to the start menu?

Are we asking for windows XP?

I wasn't sure about that. If using Windows 7, the previous directions about pinning items to the Start Menu are correct. If we're talking about XP, the procedure is almost as simple.
1. Find the program that you want to add to the Start Menu.
2. Press the Application key or Shift-f10, then arrow down to Copy and press Enter.
3. Go to the Start button and use the application key again. Arrow down to Explore All Users and press Enter.
4. The Start Menu tree view will be open in Windows Explorer. Press Tab once, then ctrl+v.
5. Press Alt+F4 to close Windows Explorer.
6. Open the Start menu as you normally do and you should find the new entry.

Tom