Re: Adding items to Start Menu... was When will JAWS 13 be out?

Tom Lange

Hey Farfar,
You wrote:

Tom,

Man, where did you learn all that?
Well, a lot of that came with willingness to play around and just explore to see what happens. There's a lot of trial and error in that process but it's a tremendous learning experience. Being involved with PC's now for sixteen years and fiddling with assistive technoloby of various sorts, one is bound to pick up a few odds and ends along the way. And I'm more than happy to impart what I've learned to whoever is a willing and open recipient. That's why I'm teaching for a living these days.

I've been wasting my time all these years
groping through folders and subfolders, and all I needed to do was the
Applications key?
Yes, there's a lot of power in that application key, as you've now seen. I use it whenever possible and when the need arises. It opens up a lot of possibilities. Pick something at random, use that application key and you'll be amazed at what you can find.

I take my hat off to you, my friend. There's a whole lot
of Windows hidden in that Applications key just sitting there, waiting for
me to stumble on it.
Good stuff!
Indeed, and I thank you for the nice words. Take care, my friend.

CHEERS!
Tom