From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Brad Martin
via Jfw
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:37 AM
To: Kimsan; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: instant messaging client

I've actually had success with the chat client in Thunderbird. Yes, I know
Thunderbird is predominantly a mail client, but it can be used to chat,
including interfacing with Facebook chat. The client you're talking about is
called AIM, but I don't know if the new version works with JAWS any better
than it used to.

Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org
www.facebook.com/ucoupons

On 10/18/2014 10:36 PM, Kimsan via Jfw wrote:
Hello:

Besides Skype, does anyone have suggestions for a simple instant
messaging client?

Way back in the day, like 2000 I use to use something related to AOL,
don't remember, but all I saw were the buddy names, a place to type my
chat and that's all I'm looking for.

If anyone has suggestions, hopefully, they will be compatible with
windows
8.1 and windows 7 along with Jaws.

Thank you for reading.

"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from
failure, loyalty and persistence." Colin Powell