Re: first letter navigation behaviour with jaws

Adrian Spratt

When I already have focus on the item, I press the "speak line" (JAWS key+numpad 8) when I want its name verbalized. Note that as I move through the items on the desktop, JAWS speaks the name without the first letter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Aidan via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 12:49 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: first letter navigation behaviour with jaws

Hi list, does any one no how I can make jaws speak the word in focus
and not both the letter and the object? For example: I want jaws to
behave like other screen readers where if you are on the desktop, and
you press the letter s, then it should say "Skype" instead of "s
Skype"
Is there a setting wich could allow that wich I might of mist?

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451