Re: JAWS and facebook

ken lawrence

Hi more on Facebook usually use the mobile site because of all the clutter with all the games and stuff most of which blind can't play but I never had much trouble with navigating the facebook main site. the only thing I have run into is the buttons to join groups don't seem to work right and you have to go to the main site for that. if you just want to take part in the social network part reading your newsfeeds go to http://m.facebook.com note no www there. also I think there is a facebook client or clients for the blind. not sure though

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Holdstock
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:33 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS and facebook

JAWS 12 is very good with Facebook now. It now even lets you know when
alerts have popped up etc. They are usually at the bottom of the screen. The
H key to jump to headings is the most useful key. Some of the buttons such
as the account button menu means that when you press it other options then
appear below it. Press the down arrow and it will have hyperlinks underneath
it to select from.

Peter