Re: Track Change Colors

Kimber Gardner

Hi Ed,

That's a really strange problem since word is supposed to use a
different color for each editor's changes by default.

I don't know if this will work, but try slightly changing your user
name within word so the application will think you are a different
user. According to the article I just found through google, this
should give you a different color for your changes. Here's a link to
the article.

http://word.tips.net/T003787_Using_Different_Colors_with_Tracked_Changes.html

I hope it helps.

Kimber

On 9/28/14, Ed Marquette via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I received a document from a client with track changes turned on.
I made one sample edit and then determined, through JAWS, that my
edits were in the same color as were the client's edits (Red 4,
according to JAWS).

I quickly "rejected" my test change, went to Word 2010's track
change options, and switch what I thought were my colors to Lime
Green.

Well, everyone's changes are lime green now.

JAWS and Word know the difference. If I turn on JAWS's
announcement of authors, it can tell the difference between my
edits and my client's edits.

The problem is that my sighted client will be relying on the
colors he sees on the screen and won't have JAWS's ability to
distinguish authors.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Yoga IdeaPad

I. Edward Marquette