Re: jaws and math

Marianne Denning

APH also has an audio graphing calculator. I like it much better the
the program from Viewplus.

I will be nosy here. Why can't you use nemeth code? It is not as
hard to learn as the braille code. If you have issues with feeling
the braille that is one thing but if you are afraid you can't learn
nemeth code, it is so much better than any computer program, or makes
it much easier to do math.

Do you have a math tutor? What level of math, high school algebra 1,
algebra 2 or college algebra?

I am a teacher of students who are visually impaired so I want to make
the best recommendation possible. You can email me off list so people
who aren't interested don't get all of this mail.

On 9/25/14, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Wow! Maybe no one cares about this but me, but I can't help but wonder what
my dad would think about something like that. He spent 44 years with Uncle
Sam in electronics--communications equipment. I remember his purchasing an
SR51A for a school in 1973--that was big-time stuff! I'm not surprised that
TI is manufacturing a talking calculator, as they pioneered computer speech
back in the early 1980's. Anybody remember those Telesensory units from 40
years ago?

Ted