Re: Jaws saying X Unicode?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dennis,

I don't use Thunderbird & don't know how to stop Jaws from reporting X
Unicode but, here are steps for stopping Jaws from reporting, elipsis:

1. Open the Settings Center, with, Insert + 6, on the number row, press,
control, shift, + D, to open Settings
Center default all applications.
2. Arrow down to, punctuation closed..., right arrow to open, down arrow to,
customize punctuation...., & press the spacebar to open. Make sure you
press the spacebar to open & not enter. Pressing enter will close the
Settings Center.
3. Arrow down to, Punctuation, press right arrow to open, arrow down 1 time
to, customize Punctuation..., & press the spacebar to open. Be sure to use
the spacebar to open customize punctuation because if you press enter,
pressing enter will close the Settings Center.
4. You are now in a long list of punctuation that can be modified & the
elipsis is at the bottom so, just press your end key to get there or, arrow
down through the list to see what all is there.
5. With elypsis highlighted, tab 1 time to your options / radio buttons. In
this list arrow to the, All, radio button if you want the elypsis to never
be spoken.
6. Tab to, okay, press spacebar, tab to, apply, press the
spacebar, tab to, okay, press enter to save your changes & close the
Settings Center.

Note: If you don't want this in all applications, open the desired
applications
individually & use the above steps in each application.
HTH
Take Care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iBarstool.