Re: Focus 40 blue braille display Jaws

Richard Holloway

We have a Focus 40— the classic version running on a windows 8 machine over USB and it works fine.

I would guess you should have no problems if you have a compatible version of JAWS running.

On Aug 20, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Judy Keenan via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

Hi Listers,
I hope this topic is appropriate for this list. Today I acquired a focus 40
blue braille display from 2009 in mint condition it is still in the original
box and has never been used. I did read over all the instructions in the
manual and went onto freedomscientific.com web site for further
instructions. My question is will this older device still work on a dell
laptop computer running windows 8.1? Wasn't able to find any updated
information. Your assistance would be appreciated and I apologize in advance
if this topic is not okay on this list.
Regards with thanks.
Judy Keenan