Slightly Off Topic: G-mail Question

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to get my personal g-mail account to work with Windows Live Mail on a Windows 7 laptop, but am having an interesting problem as I work with my g-mail account.

Specifically, in my list of g-mail folders, there is a folder called "all mail".

This appears to be an archive of some sort, that contains every e-mail I have ever received, replies to relevant e-mails, etc., all the way back to about 2009, when I first set up my g-mail account.

There are literally several hundred thousand e-mails in this "all mail" folder.

I really don't need this folder, and I have tried to delete it, but with no luck.

I also have tried going into the folder and deleting messages in groups, but again, no luck.

It seems that G-mail is blocking this action.

Having all of these e-mails in my "all mail" folder is slowing things down unnecessarily, and I'd like to get rid of this extra e-mail baggage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to accomplish this?

Do I actually have to go into my g-mail account to do this, and if so, what exactly do I do?

Since this quiry may be considered to be "off topic" to some, please respond to me personally at:

tombehler@...

Thanks much.

Tom Behler in Michigan