From: "The Scarlet Wombat" <scarletwombat@...>
To: <jfw@...>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 12:34 AM
Subject: Odd J9 and IE8 problem

I was forced to reinstall Windows XP a bit ago due to some corruption. I installed XP Pro SP3. I also reinstalled my JFW 9.0 version and all seem to work fine, saving for IE 8. I can go to and read most web sites, but cannot access the menu bar. When I hit the alt key, I can left arrow and hear file, edit, view and such. However, when I press a down arrow to access the menu items, I get the words context menu, but cannot keep on going and get no menu items, this is the same for every menu. My sighted partner says the drop down menus do appear, but JFW is not reading them at all. This interferes with doing many things in IE8.
I've never seen this before. I do not have the option of getting a newer version of JFW, so am rather stuck with this version.
Any help would be deeply appreciated,
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...