From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@bellsouth.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 4:47 PM
Subject: boot into safe mode using jaws

Hello Folks,
I had an A T and T "In Home" Technical Support person come out to my place last year, when an "executable file" in Windows got corrupted, thus crashing my system, and he did not even try to do a repair using Safe Mode or anything.
He simply reformatted my "system's Drive" and reinstalled Windows with my O S disk.

That jerk charged me $179 for less than half an hour.
He did not even install any of my "Device Drivers"!

Yeah, I know, I should have done something while he was here, but I could not hear my JAWS, since it was gone, and I had no idea what he was doing.

Well, I complained all the way up passed his Supervisor, Director, and all the way to A T and T main office.
I still had to pay the $179, but it cost A T and T much more than that, with all the bad rap I gave them to anyone and everyone I could, including all 300 people in my address list.

So, lesson learned.
Never, Never trust a technical repair person you are not sure of.

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page: http://AmericanBlindChess.org