Re: looking for an old jaws version

Brandon

thanks for the version now does anyone have the tapes that went along with it such as the new features tape. i had it once and would like it as well as the training tapes. Hopefully they can be converted to mp3. thanks

On Jun 19, 2014, at 9:33 AM, Brandon Misch <bmisch2002@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks but is there a way this can be zipped up?

On Jun 19, 2014, at 1:29 AM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi Brandon,
The "read me" file on the CD (which btw is dated 7/30/98 LOL) says that the directory <SETUP> contains the files to install JFW 3.2. Run the Setup.exe
program contained in this directory to install JFW."
JAWS version 2.00.29 is also on the CD but the read me file says that it can not be installed directly from the CD.
Here's a link to that SETUP directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnfzla9m33gd6jv/AAB8Ys71uBckhqh9Ta1VPYZAa

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt
-----Original Message----- From: Brandon Misch via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:52 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: looking for an old jaws version

i figured as much. well since the version of eloquence can’t be used all i would need is just the installer from the cd or the cd itself. sure that would work in a vm if it’s not too much to ask. Think the demo on that version was also 40 minutes back then.
Maybe putting it in a site such as sendspace or dropbox would work if possible. Don’t really need the auth disk.

On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:37 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I can confirm what Stan has told you here. I too have JFW 3.2, and the program itself is on a CD. The floppy is simply to authorize the copy of JAWS. But it's not something you could easily send electronically. It's not like the installers we download today where the whole thing is one file. Furthermore, most of us are running 64-Bit JAWS these days, and I don't think you could make a sixteen year old version of Eloquence work with a 64-bit anything. (The files on this CD are all dated 1998.) Perhaps I am wrong.

Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org
www.facebook.com/ucoupons

On 6/18/2014 4:34 PM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw wrote:
Hi Dave and everyone,

I didn’t get a copy of my 1st post back in my Jfw support list folder so don’t know if it made it through to the list or not. So here goes again with an update:
“I just now found the JFW 3.2 software CD. The case is about an inch thick. It indeed has a CD disk inside. There's a 2 sided section with braille instructions that say to insert the CD and run D:\setup. then to insert a diskette when prompted. It looks like there's a place for a diskette inside the CD case but I must have stored it somewhere else. I guess now I'll rummage through the closet and try to locate that diskette.”
update:
I found 3 floppy disks with braille labels that say:
JFW
authorize
3.2
henter-joyce
I’m sure one of them came inside the CD case I described. I’m getting ready to put the CD in my PC and see what’s on it. I have an external USB floppy drive...