From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:04 AM
To: Ed Marquette; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Good old Notepad

I haven't seen the behavior you describe in notepad. I have seen it in
Word, mostly occurring when I open a second word document while
another is already open. I haven't especially noticed the cursor
position problem but will look for it. I frequently have the problem
of Jaws not reading when I arrow up and down in the second document.
Sometimes, usually in fact, I can get the text to read if after
arrowing down I perform a read line command. Very annoying.

I too am using windows 7 and Jaws 15 with office 2013.

Kim

On 6/18/14, Ed Marquette via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I have had occasion, recently, to use good old Notepad.

I remember it used to work pretty well with JAWS.

Now, however, the cursor position isn't reliably reported; the
text is often repeated; and sometimes text that I know is on the
line with the cursor is not read with up arrow or down arrow.

I'm using Windows 7 (work machine) and Jaws 15.

Has anyone else noticed this? When the screen is maximized I
think, on occasion, I get better results, but I wouldn't swear to
it.

I don't remember previously having a problem with Notepad. Plus,
it is so simple that I cannot imagine why JAWS is having these
problems.

Sent from my Yoga IdeaPad

I. Edward Marquette

Universal Phone: 408.692.5640