Re: Good old Notepad

Jimmy Jones

You might want to turn on word wrap.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ed Marquette
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:50 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Good old Notepad

I have had occasion, recently, to use good old Notepad.

I remember it used to work pretty well with JAWS.

Now, however, the cursor position isn't reliably reported; the
text is often repeated; and sometimes text that I know is on the
line with the cursor is not read with up arrow or down arrow.

I'm using Windows 7 (work machine) and Jaws 15.

Has anyone else noticed this? When the screen is maximized I
think, on occasion, I get better results, but I wouldn't swear to
it.

I don't remember previously having a problem with Notepad. Plus,
it is so simple that I cannot imagine why JAWS is having these
problems.

Sent from my Yoga IdeaPad

I. Edward Marquette

Universal Phone: 408.692.5640