Re: Unlocking a document for editing in Microsoft Word

Anna Byrne via Jfw <jfw@...>

If the document is in 'protected view', press alt-f, then i, then e.

At 11:43 AM 5/18/2014, you wrote:
If you can't remember, then why did you reply? Sheesh!

On Sun, 18 May 2014 10:33:35 -0400, you wrote:

I go to the "save" on the menu and hit enter. I hear it is a
protected document and can't be saved along with a noise. I either
tab or right arrow (can't remember) and hit enter. I am good to go
then.

On 5/18/14, Steve Matzura via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Sometimes I get files--Word documents--that are locked from editing,
and I have to use a screenreader cursor to locate and click on
something on the screen that says "Enable editing". Once done, I can
modify the document normally. Is there a Menu choice or scripted key
to perform this function in JAWS?