Re: Unlocking a document for editing in Microsoft Word

Feliciano G via Jfw <jfw@...>

Get to the file menu by pressing alt plus F, then arrow down to info tab, press enter there and then arrow to enable editing and press enter.

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

On May 18, 2014, at 7:33 AM, Marianne Denning via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I go to the "save" on the menu and hit enter. I hear it is a
protected document and can't be saved along with a noise. I either
tab or right arrow (can't remember) and hit enter. I am good to go
then.

On 5/18/14, Steve Matzura via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Sometimes I get files--Word documents--that are locked from editing,
and I have to use a screenreader cursor to locate and click on
something on the screen that says "Enable editing". Once done, I can
modify the document normally. Is there a Menu choice or scripted key
to perform this function in JAWS?

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053