From: "Bill Spiry" <b.s.spiry@gmail.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:14 AM
Subject: RE: Extracting text from powerpoint presentation

Depends. If the presentation has an outline or presentor notes, those can be
saved as a text file or rtf from within ppt. I usually find it most
effective to go to File/save as/ and select PDF as the file type. This will
save the text and other stuff out to a pdf file which is readable with jaws
or you can then use a conversion application to convert the pdf to word. I
find it interesting that office doesn't provide for a cleaner conversion of
a ppt to a .doc or .rtf. there is an option to save as word but this keeps
the thing in slide form that is cumbersome with JAWS.