From: douglasdexheimer
To: John Martyn DoItBlind ; jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 11:29 PM
Subject: more complications with iTunes

I uninstalled iTunes with Revo Uninstaller and tried to download a new iTunes from the Apple web site; but after the installation was almost finished I got these error messages:

The older version of Apple Software Update cannot be
removed. Contact your technical support group.
OK
iTunes
iTunes Installer completed
Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be
configured.
Your system has not been modified. To complete the
installation, run the installer again.
Click Finish to exit the installer.
< Back Finish Cancel
I clicked "finish" and proceeded to uninstall Apple Software Update and some related programs. After that I went to Downloads and installed the new version of iTunes, as well as an earlier BlindTunes, but didn't find iTunes as accessible as before. I landed in a group of buttons such as Search, Music, Store, etc. I couldn't get to the Radio tree view by selecting Sources (control+shift+s) followed by R; it just showed a list of options to purchase from the store. So I uninstalled iTunes again and tried downloading an earlier version, but got an error saying a file couldn't be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes. (See below.) Any ideas why iTunes has become less friendly with Jaws (I'm staying with Jaws 9.0 for accessibility reasons), or how the Radio feature got disabled? Thanks.
iTunes
The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by
a newer version of iTunes.
OK

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions