Re: Changing the name on a computer

northstar1950@...

try the following:

1. Logon to Windows 7 computer with any account that has administrative privileges.

2. Click on Start button and in the search box type REGEDIT and press enter key.

3. On User Account Control confirmation box click on Yes button to continue.

4. On the opened Registry Editor window locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion from the left pane.

5. On the right pane double-click on RegisteredOwner.

6. On Edit String box under Value data specify the new owner's name for the computer and press Ok button to save the changes.

New Owner Name
7. Close Registry Editor Window and type WINVER command in search box to see the new name.

how to change owner name on windows 7
how to change computer owner name windows 7
change computer owner name windows 7
change owner name windows 7
change owner windows 7

Legend has it that on Sunday 3/30/2014 10:32 AM, Tom Behler said:
Hi again, all.

I have two computers that I have acquired over the years for various
purposes that are not registered in my name.

In other words, the previous owners assigned their names to the computers
when they first got them.

I'd like to put my name on each computer, and would appreciate if anyone
could tell me how to accomplish this.

Thanks once again for your help.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan