From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@bellsouth.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: 03/24/2014 04:26 PM
Subject: Re: Amazon.com - payments
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>

Peter,
I had that very problem with adding a card on Amazon this morning. I
think
the web site developers at Amazon stay up nights trying to think up new
web
site controls to frustrate screen reader users. Every other site I have
dealt with used a combo box to pick the month and year, and so did Amazon
until now. They changed to Menu Buttons on the add credit card page. They

still have combo boxes on other pages though.

What I got when I activated the Menu Button for the month while in Virtual

Cursor Mode was a list of links corresponding to the months of the year.
No
matter how I tried to activate the correct link, and I tried them all, the

Menu Button still displayed the same month.

As a last resort, I turned off Virtual Cursor Mode with JAWS Key z and
activated the Button Menu again. This time I got my months in a list box.

I selected the correct month, pressed Enter and was relieved to see that
the
correct month was now displayed in the Menu Button. I then reactivated
Virtual Cursor Mode with JAWS Key z and finished the process without
difficulty. Hope this method works for you.

By the way, I'm still using the last build of JAWS 14. I was wondering if

JAWS 15 would have done better. Guess not!

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net