From: "Ford, Tim (CDPH-OLS)" <Tim.Ford@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: How To Use JAWS with Hulu

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Hulu web site for accessability. It is nice to know it is not just me! Hopefully there is someone out there who can send a note that they know how to navigate the site easily. As an experiment, I did try putting the common /mobile after the .com, and sure enough, Hulu has a mobile web page version that is much cleaner for JAWS use. But there are still a lot of unlabeled or poorly labeled links, redundent links, the usual overkill and lack of information.

My daughter found for me a YouTube video where a couple of Hulu.com software engineers are telling about how they were so excited to work on a blind-friendly smart phone app for Hulu. Okay, fine, but how about first fixing the basic web site? I admit I am sounding a bit grumpy, but it should not, in a perfect world, be so hard to navigate many web sites with a screen reader.