From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Andrew Diederick
Sent: February 14, 2014 3:30 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: JAWS and potential Job question

Hello Listers,

I have a job interview with an insurance company. I inquired as to the software system/setup they use for the customer service position I would be interviewing for. Below is the information the human resource individual gave me with respect to the technology that is utilized in this customer service position. I have received some initial feedback about this information, but thought I would post it here to see if any other individuals know anything further. I have cut and pasted what the HR individual said below:

"Thank you for your question. Our system is IBM based AS400. It is programmed internally, and it is not windows based. I do not know if JAWS will work with our environment. I can check into it, however, and let you know."

Does the IBM AS400 set up work with JAWS? I am not technically savvy, programming language and what not, so what he said was greek to me.
Any additional information would be greatly appreciated as to the accessibility of their set-up. If you have anything that would be helpful for me to pass along in subsequent conversations, please feel free to share. Thank you in advance. -Andrew-