Re: JAWS and potential Job question

Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@...>

The AS400 is the box or operating system. You need to find out what they use to access the system. Often these are accessed through an emulator such as PCom which works with jaws with some scripting or Attachmate depending on the version. There are others but generally they can be scripted to work with Jaws. It could also have a web based front end. So you need to find out what they use to access the AS400.
Tom Bisset

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Andrew Diederick
Sent: February 14, 2014 3:30 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: JAWS and potential Job question

Hello Listers,

I have a job interview with an insurance company. I inquired as to the software system/setup they use for the customer service position I would be interviewing for. Below is the information the human resource individual gave me with respect to the technology that is utilized in this customer service position. I have received some initial feedback about this information, but thought I would post it here to see if any other individuals know anything further. I have cut and pasted what the HR individual said below:

"Thank you for your question. Our system is IBM based AS400. It is programmed internally, and it is not windows based. I do not know if JAWS will work with our environment. I can check into it, however, and let you know."

Does the IBM AS400 set up work with JAWS? I am not technically savvy, programming language and what not, so what he said was greek to me.
Any additional information would be greatly appreciated as to the accessibility of their set-up. If you have anything that would be helpful for me to pass along in subsequent conversations, please feel free to share. Thank you in advance. -Andrew-

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.