Re: [hot key detective was Bulk] Transferring Alt Control J shortcut fromJaws 11toJaws12

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Have you tried typing "hotkey detective" into Google?

At 05:42 PM 8/22/2011, you wrote:
I keep hearing this hot key detective in the mits of this wonderful
discussion. Where do I get it?
Is it duable on windows 7?

kimsansong@...

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: 22 August, 2011 12:30 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Transferring Alt Control J shortcut fromJaws
11toJaws12

Gerald:

When I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my computer and installed JAWS
9, the JAWS installation program did not, I repeat, did not, assign
CTRL+ALT+J or, any other shortcut key combination to JAWS 9.

Likewise, when I installed JAWS 10, 11, and 12, none of the installation
programs for any of those versions did not, again I repeat, did not, assign
any shortcut key.

Finally, before posting my response to your last posting, I called FS Tech
Support to clarify this point.

The Tech Support Representative, when I ask them if JAWS assigns a shortcut
key automatically during the installation process or not, said that the JAWS

installation program does not assign any shortcut key to the newly installed

version of JAWS. They went on to say that JAWS might delete an assigned
shortcut key. when you use the Repair JAWS function.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber