Re: jaws scripts for thunderbird

adam morris

If you want to look at headers for a message in thunderbird when in the inbox and a message is hilighted, ctrl u brings up a window, down arrow through that then you can copy what you need.

On 28-January-2014 13:19, Brad Martin wrote:
Ah, you are correct; I completely misunderstood your question.

No, Alt 1 doesn't appear to do anything. You can tab and shift tab
around to the different headers, although it is a little clunky. But
what I love is that you can use the Context menu key on an address in
the from field and perform several actions. For instance, if I just hit
Reply, the reply goes to this list. But I can context menu
(right-click) on your name in the from field of your message, and
address a message directly to you. Love that feature!

On 1/27/2014 3:01 PM, Negoslav Sabev wrote:
I think we are talking about different things. I am not looking to
move through headings in the message itself. I talk about reading the
email headers as in Outlook Express or Outlook. For example pressing
alt+1 tells me the sender in an open message. Pressing the same key
combination twice places the focus to that field. The same for alt+2
for the date; alt+3 for the recepient and so on.

Negoslav
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Martin" <brad@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: jaws scripts for thunderbird

You don't press Alt and the number for a heading level in
Thunderbird. You just press the number as you would in a web browser.
If you are looking for heading level 2, press 2. Or just press h if
you want to move through all the headers. It works just like a browser.

I'm not opposed to anyone making scripts for a program to make it
accessible. I just think the wheel has been invented where
Thunderbird is concerned. I'm using it at home and in a much more
limited capacity at work, and I have no issues with it, even in JAWS
10 at the office. I'm using Thunderbird 24 in both cases, so it's
not an outdated version. For those who recommend new scripts,
perhaps it would be helpful if the script author knew what needed
improvement.

Brad

On 1/25/2014 6:08 AM, Negoslav Sabev wrote:
Can you press alt+number to go to the different headers of the open
message? This is what I miss the most from outlook express for example.
Negoslav
----- Original Message ----- From: "Angela Delicata"
<angeladelicata@...>