From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 2:50 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Latest Jaws and some issues

I've certainly noticed some issues with FF and the latest jaws update:

I don't use tabs if I can help it, and have my homepage set to blank, so FF
loads to an empty tab set for me. With prior jaws versions I used to be able
to type right away, that the cursor was in the address bar. Now I am pretty
sure the cursor is actually still in the address bar, but it is as if the
scripts don't quite detect that until I do something else (like alt tab away
from FF then back, or tab to the search bar etc) As an example, if I start
a FF window and type 'g'
before it would begin the completion process and come up with 'gmail'
with the latest jaws update the g triggers the virtual document crawl
looking for a graphic (which it of course does not find)..

Also, I've noticed that there seem to be problems detecting the active
document, I will right click select open in a new window, immediately hit
alt-tab to go back to the source page and jaws will often think the new
window is active, rather than the source window.

I have also encountered cases where I switch away from FF to some other
program and jaws does not detect that Firefox is no longer the active
program (my FF voice settings remain active, for example). To the point
that if I hit jaws + ctrl +s the program that would be alters is firefox
even though some other program had focus.

On 1/27/14, Jim L <jimscave@...> wrote:
Heya folks,

Running the latest Jaws 15 update on a Windows 7 64 home PC am getting
a couple of weird issues that I want to share with the group and also
see if this is happening to others also.

In firefox I load up a group of websites every morning as I have done
for years since this Jaws update, the firefox tabs load up all over
the shop and not in the order they have been saved and as all previous
versions of Jaws have loaded them, also I tried NVDA with my firefox
tabs and they worked normally so I uninstalled the new updated version
15. 06025 of Jaws and then reinstalled 15.05056, I now can access my
saved TABS in firefox as before as the new update had them allover the
shop and changing as each paged loaded up. There was a mention on tabs
but to be honest this new release has more Braille related updates
than ones involving the Jaws speech, also another issue is Jaws
changes voice tone when reading emails in Office 2010, so am now back
with the previous version of Jaws 15.05056.

Cheers,

Jim

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...