What is important about my question is that I am looking at getting a computer that runs Microsoft and Jaws but logistically I'm wondering how easy it is to use the touchscreen. Good, the Lenovo foldable keyboard makes it more appetizing to go back to Microsoft and Jaws. From a former long-time jaws user Touch screens are the way of the future.

DjAndChaz
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 19, 2014, at 2:25 PM, "Ed Marquette" <marquette.ed@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a Lenovo Yoga Ultrabook. So, the keyboard just folds
under. No attaching or detaching.
Occasionally, the touch screen is handy, but not all that often.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of
Debbie Kessler
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:50 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Do you use the touchscreen on your Windows 8 machine?

I to was wondering the same thing twopeople use the touchscreen
with Windows 8. Something else to consider, how easy is it to use
the touchscreen on a computer versus the iPad where you lift the
screen off the keyboard.

DjAndChaz
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 19, 2014, at 11:06 AM, emma goodwin
<emma.sleeptalk@gmail.com> wrote:

It certainly is worth it. Some people may use the touchscreen
but most
people like myself just use the keyboard, its easier but as
windows
improves and microsoft sorts out their crap, maybe the
touchscreen
part will get better for blind and partially sighted people.

On 1/19/14, Feliciano G <theblindman12v@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello list, I was wondering if many people use the touchscreen
while
using a Windows 8 machine. I wasn't sure if most of the people
just
use the keyboard when using the computer if you use the
touchscreen,
I would like to know what things you do when using the
touchscreen. I
have been thinking of purchasing a Windows 8 machine and
upgrading to
Jaws 15 but not sure if it is worth it. I currently have
Windows 7 with Jaws 14.

Sent from the Super-iPhone