From: Ed Marquette
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:45 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: selecting a block of text in MS Word 2010

Sorry if someone else has already posted the answer. I'm coming a
bit late to this discussion.
The first step is to "mark" a spot. That can be done with control
plus windows plus k. It is sort of like a bookmark.
One can later return to that exact spot with alt plus windows plus
k.
One can also mark a block of text between one's current cursor
position and the marked spot by pressing the Jaws key plus the
space bar. That is the same keystroke you use to access a number
of so-called layered commands. After pressing Jaws key plus space
bar, one can press r to enter the infamous "research it."
In the present case, to mark a block of text, after pressing Jaws
key plus m, the block of text between your cursor and the marked
spot will be marked. You can then copy, cut, or delete the text.
I use this function a dozen times per day.
I edit lots of documents in MS Word. It is really very handy.
In Jaws 14, however, this method for marking text didn't seem to
work for accepting or rejecting a block of revisions in a document
with track change revisions. At least it seemed inconsistent. I
have not tried it in Jaws 15.
For cutting, deleting, or copying, however, this method of marking
text works great.
By the way, it doesn't matter whether your cursor is ahead of the
marked spot or behind it, and you can be a few characters or a few
pages away.
Good luck, and I'm sorry if this is duplicative.
be t