From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:11 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: The Future of JAWS

I've already got Office 2010 so nothing lost by giving the new screen reader
a spin. Who knows, if Window Eyes ends up offering better support for things
like Office 365, then I may even consider making a more permanent switch.
That said, Even with all their bugs, I'm quite happy overall with what Jaws
provides. Especially for the more nuanced features with programs like Word
and Excel.

From: Judith Bron <jbron@...>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@...>,
Date: 01/15/2014 10:40 AM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>

But the voice over on the mac doesn't offer the same flexability as jaws.
It's very basic as a screen reader.

From: "Michael Malver" <mmalver@...>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@...>,
Date: 01/15/2014 10:26 AM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>

It may be that with what window eyes has done, there will be so many
people
using office that GW Micro will be forced to devoting time and resources
it
would otherwise put toward supporting applications to ensuring its Windows
and Office support. JAWS could then focus more on supporting non-office
application such as visual studio, music editing and creation packages,
the
whole rest of the software world. I think jaws has a large enough user
base
that it won't be going away anytime soon. People could download NVDA for
free before this announcement. What effect did that have on JAWS?
TO me, a more interesting question might be whether computer producers who
sell new machines with bundled software, including trial versions of
office,
now bundle it with WindowEyes? Will educational institutions, now
realizing
they can install window eyes on machine running office, bail on JAWS?
These
are questions I wonder about.