Re: Jaws with DirecTV or Dish

George B

how do you get the auto discribe to work with the direct tv receivers/dvr's?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Brent
Harding
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 16:27
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Jaws with DirecTV or Dish

I found on my parents' DirecTV that the description even works on
already
recorded shows even though they don't use the feature. I suppose the
DirecTV
DVR's just store the raw stream to disk and then decode it as if it
came off
the satellite when you hit play. I hope that my next apartment is
hooked up
for DirecTV, usually, the places that offer a discount or free basic
package
use either Dish or DirecTV, but some, unfortunately, convert it into
analog
cable where the sap will certainly be lost.