From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: Question on activation count

Gerald:

Who are people like you to say how many computers an individual should own or not. For your current personal needs, you have decided that you only need one computer. So, that is fine for you.

Why a particular person needs to use more than one computer, in order to perform the functions of their job or, to run a business, is none of yours or, anybody else's business. Neither should an individual have to justify to you or, anybody else, why they need to use more than one computer, in order for them to be able to perform those functions.

If you had bothered to read the JAWS license Agreement, you would have discovered, under the section titled, "COPYING THE PROGRAM", the last sentence of the first paragraph reads,

*** beginning quotation from Jaws License Agreement ***

The Licensee may install and use the program on more than one machine, but only one machine may be used at a time.

*** End quotation from Jaws License Agreement ***

It is Freedom Scientific, which has decided that up to three activation codes are granted to an individual user. This has not been specifically stated in the JAWS License Agreement. Freedom Scientific has granted this number of activation codes for a personal licensed user, as a discretion, not a right. So, therefore, Freedom Scientific, can and may, vary this count, with, or without notice.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber