From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ed Marquette
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:55 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: JAWS 15 and Virtual Ribbons

Although the ribbons (actual ribbons) are different, in some ways
they can be a little easier. For instance, the Quick Access
Toolbar lets you put frequently used commands that are otherwise
awkward on the QAT. So, for instance, to insert an automatic
cross-reference, I can hit Alt plus 1. To go to the next revision
in a track change document, I just hit Alt plus 3.
For the others, with a little memorization, the ribbon methodology
actually has some logic. So, to switch displays from "Final" to
"Final showing mark-up" (just to pick a couple of examples, I just
hit Alt and then R,T, D. To accept all changes in a document, it
is Alt and then R,A, D.
To insert a file in Outlook 2010, it is Alt and then N (for
insert) and then A, F (for insert a file).
So, the ribbons are not all just sighted trip trap. There is an
obscure logic to them, though the logic is a little easier (in
most instances) to see in Word than in Outlook.
Remember to use the QAT for those often-used, but awkward, key
sequences. Once you have navigated to it, just hit the
applications key and select, from the resulting menu, "Assign to
the QAT."
.